What is your CPU?
What programs run your CPU?
Do you have any viruses in your CPU?
We all have been created with an internal CPU… by God…
What is your CPU?
- The center of the human being.
- Your center is not your mind…
- Your center is not your emotions…
- Your center is not your will…
- Your center is not your logic and reason…
- Your center is not your amount of giftedness, experience, or expertise…
- Your Central Processing Unit is your heart – that’s what God says… and He should know. Right?
Matt 15:17-20 NASU
17 “Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated? 18 “But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19 “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 “These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.”
Luke 6:45 NASU
45 “The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure[of his heart] brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.
Mark 12:30-31 NASU
30 and you shall love the lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’
It is not a mistake or random thot that is stated here… Jesus listed the heart first because God listed it first in the Law stated in Deuteronomy. God knows what guides and operates your soul – mind – and strength. When our heart is pure and connected to the right values – Godly values – we will love God with all our heart, [which is the source of our total being], holding nothing back for self.
Continuing on with the idea of our CPU let’s consider how our CPU/heart operates…
What operates our CPU/heart?
- In the worldly realm –
- Motivated by self-centered living:
- self protection
- self pleasing
- self promoting
- getting whatever I want
- we need to choose to ‘dump the junk’ so we can live in the fullness of the new life God has given us in Christ Jesus.
- James 3:13-16 NASU
13 Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. (viruses???)
- James 4:1-5 AMP
1 WHAT LEADS to strife (discord and feuds) and how do conflicts (quarrels and fightings) originate among you? Do they not arise from your sensual desires that are ever warring in your bodily members?
2 You are jealous and covet [what others have] and your desires go unfulfilled; [so] you become murderers. [To hate is to murder as far as your hearts are concerned.] You burn with [unforgiveness], envy and anger and are not able to obtain [the gratification, the contentment, and the happiness that you seek], so you fight and war. You do not have, because you do not ask. [1 John 3:15.]
3 [Or] you do ask [God for them] and yet fail to receive, because you ask with wrong purpose and evil, selfish motives. Your intention is [when you get what you desire] to spend it in sensual pleasures.
4 You [are like] unfaithful wives [having illicit love affairs with the world and breaking your marriage vow to God]! Do you not know that being the world’s friend is being God’s enemy? So whoever chooses to be a friend of the world takes his stand as an enemy of God. (viruses???)
5 Or do you suppose that the Scripture is speaking to no purpose that says, The Spirit Whom He has caused to dwell in us yearns over us and He yearns for the Spirit [to be welcome] with a jealous love? [Jer 3:14; Hos 2:19ff.]
- In the realm of Gods family – what operates our CPU…
- We are motivated by love and grace centered living:
- Loving God with our total being
- Loving our ‘neighbor’ as we ‘love’ our self
- Putting the welfare and needs of others before our own – especially family
- Serving others rather than expecting them to serve us – especially family
- James 3:17-18 NASU
17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. 18 And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
- Remove the seeds and deeds of worldliness, ‘dump the junk’, and yield to and cultivate the fruit that God has planted in our new life and soul…
- James 4:6-12 HCSB
6 But He gives greater grace [greater than any worldly temptation]. Therefore He says:
God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
7 Therefore, submit to God. But resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners, and purify your hearts, double-minded people! 9 Be miserable and mourn and weep. Your [worldly] laughter must change to [true Holy Spirit] mourning and your joy to sorrow. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.
11 Don’t criticize one another, brothers. He who criticizes a brother or judges his brother criticizes the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
- Can we get viruses in our CPU/heart? Yes we can…
- Any sin will be a virus in your CPU
- Unforgiveness is a major virus
- A critical, sarcastic, judgmental attitude is a virus that can destroy you and others
- Selfishness is a major virus
- Retribution – getting someone back – is a Trojan horse virus
There are many possible spiritual viruses that can corrupt the output of our CPU/heart, but they all have their source in some kind of sin and self-centered motivation…
- Is there an anti-virus program for these things? Yes there is…
- The Word of God – choose to put it to work in your life
- Submitting our life to serving God and others, not self – a moment by moment choice
- Choose to follow Jesus and not the world around us – every time there is a choice to make
- The Holy Spirit is the “controller” of our heart/CPU if we will follow His guidance
- Be in active regular fellowship in a congregation that will encourage and build you up…
Blessings as you grow into the image of Jesus…